Friday, March 31, 2006

Spring has Sprung

This afternoon, I have working sitting at the patio table in the backyard. (Wireless technology is wonderful thing). The temperature is in the upper 70s, sunny and no wind. Most of the yard is now showing more green then brown. A number of trees are fully adorned in leaves while others are just starting to bud. Birds are singing and flying from one place to another. A few plants in the beds have broken through the surface this week.

How amazing is spring? Is it any wonder Easter comes at this time of year? Nature is ready to explode in its celebration of our risen Lord.

This afternoon has reminded me how I need to spend more time outside. There is something about removing the physical walls around me that helps me lift my heart to God. Not just a rush from the house to the car but slowing down to spend time in nature. Letting God speak through His design. Closing my eyes to feel the sun on my back or the touch of a breeze across my face can be as though He is reaching down from heaven to caress my soul.

I pray that each of you find some time outdoors within the reach of His creation.

No comments: