Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Master Sculptor

Read this earlier today.

What an image of how the Holy Spirit works in me. He is the Sculptor that sees the end product in the slab of rock that is my life. His challenge is to remove all of the excess. It is a slow process. Requires more then one strike of the hammer. Repeatedly he points his chisel to the portions of me that no longer belong and slowly chips away at the difference between my old and new self. Smoothing out the jagged edges. Looking for the core of what was intended.

He removes a bit in one place then moves onto another area that catches the master’s eye as displeasing. He is amazing artist. Never quite finished with his work. Time is not His concern. He knows the rock is flawed but he works around these weak areas as only His touch can. Finding ways to strengthen them.

Let me become the final vision of His work.

No comments: