Thursday, February 09, 2006

Ancient Paths

This is what the Lord says:
“Stand at the crossroads and look;
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls.” Jeremiah 6:16


Which way to go? Follow the ancient paths. No need for the super highway. God’s people have traveled these ways for many years. Narrow trails that are well worn & built up by godly men and women. Passageways that may be slow to follow but speed is not always in God’s plan as much as mine. These may not be the most direct routes but they pass some amazing views of Gods work along the way. There are no signs that mark its entrance because I am told to ask the way. He wants to walk along with me. Show the way I was intended to follow.

God does not call me to blaze new trails as often as I want to think.

Lord, show me the ancient and good paths you have laid out. Then remind me when I stray from them.

No comments: